This page has moved to a new address.

Instagram Sew Along...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Instagram Sew Along...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Instagram Sew Along...

I have a new social media obsession, it's a humble little iPhone app called Instagram. You may have heard of it? It took me a little while to warm up to the idea of sharing my photos, but I have found the little Instagram community to be friendly and supportive.
Of late, my favourite thing has been to share the various stages of my sewing projects, just like a virtual sew along. I like the idea of documenting parts of the process for myself, and because I am a social person, I love that people leave comments for me along the way. It's like blogging but super immediate. Here are the photos I've shared...above, a quilt for a very special pop up shop (more about that soon).
Below, the dress I made a few weeks ago, it was the first sew along I shared......and of course Eva's Christening gown.
So if you are on Instagram and would like to follow my image stream, you can find me under @mypoppetshop (same as my twitter handle). It's not always sewing, sometimes it's photos of my feet or new manicure, lol.

Brainwave! Ok from now on I will tag all sew along photos with #sewalong, go ahead and join in too. The search function on Instagram will bring up everyone's photos tagged with #sewalong, this is going to be fun!

Labels: , ,