This page has moved to a new address.

I don't know how she does it?

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: I don't know how she does it?

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday 30 October 2011

I don't know how she does it?


You know, I get asked all the time..."I don't know how you do it? You have a toddler and yet you are always so productive and creative, where do you find the time?"

Haha, I respond, you haven't seen the state of my house, kitchen, ironing pile...Something's got to give. The truth is I can't have it all, and I can't do it all. Some days I barely manage to cross a teeny tiny task off the to do list, other days things get done a little more efficiently. Often I prioritize the things I enjoy doing over the things that need doing because it makes me happy. And a happy mummy makes for a happy family.

I will always choose to go to the park with Emma over mopping the floor, writing a blog post over doing the ironing, and I hardly ever make a cake from scratch. Mr Man isn't always cool with that, but hey, a wrinkled t-shirt never hurt anyone.

So that's my secret. I try not to be so hard on myself. I've always got a million creative ideas floating around in my head like a never ending 'to do' list, but I just tackle one little task at a time whenever the opportunity arises and things just seem to happen.

As a mother now, I don't wonder 'How do I do it?', I wonder 'How did I not manage to do it when I was child free and really had all the time in the world?'

Labels: ,