This page has moved to a new address.

Vintage Stylin'

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Vintage Stylin'

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Thursday 4 August 2011

Vintage Stylin'

I was sorting through Emma's wardrobe the other day and rediscovered this beautiful vintage dress that I picked up whilst Op-shopping this past summer. It is hand made from a lovely warm wool with corduroy details. Oh and did I mention it had smocking and was fully lined? Made by a very talented grandmother I imagine... I thought I'd try it on her to check the sizing and it fits beautifully. I've had her grow out of so much clothes because I was saving it for and occasion, so today the occasion was a photoshoot, and hopefully it will still fit for her cousin's Christening in the next month or so. It's funny, when Emma was born everyone said that I was lucky because she would be the perfect in-house model for all my clothes etc...but ironically the opposite is true. Emma is a terrible model. She will not stay still and much prefers to fiddle with my camera controls than be in front of it. Hopefully she will stop bouncing of the walls as she gets older or I will have to invest in a super fast camera do-dad...

Dress: Vintage
Leggings: Heavenly Creatures
Pram: Vintage
Backdrop: Floor rug bought on a trip in Turkey and begrudgingly lugged half way around the world by Mr Man

Labels: ,