This page has moved to a new address.

Big day out in Melbourne town...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Big day out in Melbourne town...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Saturday 6 August 2011

Big day out in Melbourne town...

Yesterday Emma and I caught the tram into the city for a big day out. Emma loves tram trips, so you can imagine how excited she was when today I said 'yes' to her request. Here she is having a little fun whilst we wait for the tram. The reason for our expedition into town, apart from a fun day out, was to visit the Pop Up Studio sale featuring some really talented Melbourne gals. I thought you might like to see some pretty pictures...clockwise from top left: Dawn Tan, Emily Green, Peta Pledger, Betty Jo Designs. Below Little Circus Design. It runs till 3pm today so you can still pop in and say 'Hi'.Emma was sufficiently patient whilst I tried on a few Peta Pledger tops, sultanas helped. Dawn was a star and helped keep her entertained as well. A little bit of window shopping at the Babushka Shop in the Block Arcade. Emma was enamored by the baby babushkas. And then after a million requests for Sushi, we had some just adequate and expensively priced sushi train sushi. We were on the tram to go home, but as we approached the NGV, and since Emma was still in good spirits, I thought it might be fun to visit the new NGV Kids Space. It was really super fun, we probably stayed for about an hour because Emma was quite entertained by all the hands on stuff, she especially loved the light drawing. I also wanted to share this beautiful antique dolls dress they had on display in the Kid Space. It was all hand pieced patchwork with embroidery and was made from silk. Probably one of the most beautiful textile creations I have ever seen, and did I mention it was for a doll, the pieces were tiny!So a great day out,, must do it more often.
I was really amazed at how much more maturely Emma is behaving, compared to the last time we went into town a few months ago. She was a real delight to be with today, listening to me and my instructions, paying more attention to her surroundings, hardly any escape attempts (hence the turtle harness), sitting still on the tram...and even though she was tired at the end of the day and wanting to go home, she wasn't whining at all. Maybe I just got her on a good day, but it has really highlighted how quickly she is growing up. I can envision some fantastic adventures together in the future...

Labels: , ,