This page has moved to a new address.

Sponsor Profile - klt : works

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Sponsor Profile - klt : works

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sponsor Profile - klt : works

Every once in a while a stumble across an artist/designer that makes me think, "I wish I could do that!" Meet Kristin Loffer Theiss of KLT:works, a trained artist and painter who blends her artistic skills with the role of 'maker' to create some unique products.
Pictured are some of my favorite KLT:works creations from the etsy shop, (I couldn't resist slipping in some fabric, you all know how much I love fabric!) Isn't that worm softie just the cutest? And the thread drawn bulldog?

Kristin screen prints thread
drawings onto fabric to make mobiles, soft toys and cushions, and also onto garments for babies to grown-ups. What are thread drawings? This video will amaze and astound you...



Thread Drawing from elSage on Vimeo.

I was fascinated by Kristin's 'thread drawing' technique, when I saw this video. I really don't think I'll ever get sick of watching it, she makes it look so easy!

KLT:works is truly a family run company,
husband Chris, who is also an artist, helps with technical advice. But the main inspiration for Kristin's designs is her son, Sayer, who not only is a great model but also chief product tester.
Here is a peek of Sayers bedroom, how great is that shelving unit/change table? It was once Kristin's doll house made by her dad in the 70's and converted especially for Sayer by Kristin and Chris.

More images of Sayer's nursery here.

You can find out more about KLT:works here: website :: shop :: facebook :: blog
And if you were wondering - KLT:works ships internationally and the rates are incredibly reasonable.

Thank you to KLT:works for being my first international blog sponsor, I love that My Poppet is read all over the world, and it makes me really happy that the internet has allowed us to connect with talented peeps like Kristin.

Labels: , , ,