This page has moved to a new address.

Bloggers wear stripes...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Bloggers wear stripes...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Monday 6 June 2011

Bloggers wear stripes...


Holly over at Decor8 is having a super fun stripey meme, and since both Emma and I happened to be wearing stripes yesterday, I thought it would be fun to join in.

It got me to thinking about how people perceive us by our appearance, and how easy it is for people to assume things about us (usually incorrectly) just by how we look.
Often (amusingly) people presume things about me because of where I live, the car I drive, my hair cut and even my youthful good looks. Now none of these presumptions bother me at all, especially when people think I'm in my 20's, but it makes me wonder how much I presume about other people without even realising.
I must say, I have had embarrassing 'foot in mouth' syndrome many a time at the shop, asking ladies when they were expecting. It was sort of an occupational hazard! You think I would have learned after the first few times!!!

Do people assume things about you? Are they spot on, or way off?

Do you wear stripes? Are you a blogger?

Labels: ,