This page has moved to a new address.

It's been fun...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: It's been fun...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday 23 June 2010

It's been fun...

With only a couple of days to go before the doors close, I just wanted to say 'THANKS'.
Thank you for supporting me in my creative and business endeavours for the last 3 years, especially my regular customers, who I know will be sad to see me go. I will miss you all too.
I have made so many amazing friends through My Poppet, it's been wonderful getting to know you all. Please don't be strangers!
I know this is not the end of my little business, it's just taking a slightly different journey to what I had planned. I'm looking forward to the next stage, onward and upward I say!

It has for the most part been a fantastic learning experience for me, running a retail business is not all fun and games. Some things I will do different next time, there is always room for improvement, but overall I'm happy with the experience I've had.

So in 3 years I/we have, been broken into twice, had 5 fantastic staff members, sold thousands of brilliant products, found a gold tooth in a bag of change, had a lady pee herself in the shop (bless!), met hundreds of new babies, written 376 blog posts, started tweeting, have been swindled by an unscrupulous supplier (Amy Salisbury of GG and Me, you suck!), paid lots of taxes, had a beautiful baby girl, spent hours in front of MYOB, and had 2 shelves fall off the wall...amongst other things...

So if you want to say goodbye in person, I would really love to see you. Saturday is our last day, I will be there from 10am onwards...After that you can find me on this blog, at an occasional market day and on Poppet in the Post.


It's been fun
xx

Cintia