This page has moved to a new address.

Productive weekend...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Productive weekend...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 25 September 2007

Productive weekend...

I had this romantic idea when I opened My Poppet that I was going to have so much spare time to 'create', well my one spare day in 2 months had finally arrived this Sunday past and luckily for me, i was in a creative and productive mood.

Dove into the huge vintage fabric stash that has been stock piling for such an occasion and made my 1st dress ever! I love how it turned out, very nautical indeed! I have named it 'In the navy', because that's what designers do, name their pieces with whimsy.
I think it is set off quite nicely by a couple of Miss Emma's 'Lovely Button' brooches.
There are 5 dresses available in sizes 1-2 and 2-3 although the sizing is very flexible due to the elastic. Can also be worn as a long skirt for older girls.

I may make a big one for myself this summer.
Also made some super cute baby ruffle bum bloomers, will post pictures another day (give you something to look forward to!)

Colours were so cheery thought it would make a great window...
I love these old fashioned tin spinning tops, they whistle when they spin.

I was also lucky enough to meet Kate from Two Little Banshees this weekend, she came all the way from WA to visit My Poppet, well maybe not just My Poppet, but it was pretty special and so exciting to meet Kate whose beautiful softies i have been admiring for a while now. Watch this space...we may have some little softie visitors from WA soon.